|I will vote NO to the proposed changes to Coto de Caza’s HOA to develop the William Lyon Estate|
- Elder Abuse
- Prison Reform- Mental Health
- Public Education
- Public Safety
- Judicial Misconduct Tracker
- Justice Served with Andy Ostrowski
- HOA Legal Resources
- The HOA Legal Mind
- HOA Corruption
- Cynthia Stephens
- HOA Videos
- George K. Staropoli's Citizens for Constitutional ...
- HOA Coalition of Texas
- W. Lucas Neighbors at War
- Colorado HOA Forum
- CAL HOA Law
- HOA Advocate D. Vanitzian
- On the Commons Radio Show
- AZ HOA
- J. Miner's Victories VS HOA
- NC HOA Laws
- Other HOA Sites
Thursday, September 24, 2015
I will vote NO to the proposed changes to Coto de Caza’s HOA to develop the William Lyon Estate
Posted By CotoBlogzz
Coto de Caza, CA –If you own property in Coto de Caza’s CZ Master Association HOA, there is a high probability you have already received a packet with information dealing with a secret ballot. The purpose of the ballot is to change the HOA’s Master Declaration to allow the development of a portion of the Lyons Estate to develop up to 29 homes.
I will vote NO to the proposed changes to Coto de Caza’s HOA to develop the William Lyon Estate for several reasons:
1. I do not trust the HOA governance – a) arguably the most litigious HOA in Southern California. We have tried to work with Ms. Yocham to understand why this is the case. She has been at best uncooperative.
b) Ths Varo/Yocham board has been more interested in a power grab than on accountability and transparency. Once Mr. Varo announced that he was stepping down, we invited Ms. Yocham to seize the opportunity, implement direct elections and fire the property manager and legal counsel, aiders and abetters – she remains mum
2. HOA priorities – Public safety has been a low priority since Rober Varo and Xochitl Yocham assumed power, leading to three traffic fatalities during their watch
3. Additional stress on the community leading to increased traffic and crime and vandalism. Just the subsidized Estates and Villages HOAs add some 30%+ of stress at the expense of the CZ Master residents. Not to mention the Polo Arena, and others
4. Additional stress on the infrastructure – have you seen how many trucks with construction material have been going to North Hampton for the last six months with no apparent end in sight, for just one home? Now multiply that by 29!