Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Forming of the Coto de Caza Public Safety Committee

The Forming of the Coto de Caza Public Safety Committee

As hard as this is to believe, this is consistent with the Varo/Mezger modus operandi – The excuse used by Mezger to fire the previous, more-than-qualified public security chairperson was that he “..though it was illegal to have spouses serve on a committee because of the undue concentration of power on one household..”

However, using their logic, it is OK to appoint paid consultants to the security committee. It is also OK to appoint residents outside the CZ Master Association to the security committee. But it is not OK to appoint well qualified association residents with backbone – just in case the spineless volunteers get any ideas.

So perhaps you can join the committee as a paid consultant?

---------------------------------------------------------------
securenotcoto wrote:


Prior to the last BOD meeting Philip Mitchell came over to where I was sitting and told me "Ed, your right on with the comments you made at the Safety Committee meeting", "and I will see to it that your on the committee or if your not I will not serve on it". That was mid July. Now its August and I was interviewed by Mr. Metzger to be a member of the Coto Safety Committee. The interview lasted for one and a half hours and Mr. Metzger stated that because I am NOT a "Home Owner" that I could not be a member of the Board of Directors but that I COULD be a member of a committee, like the Safety committee.Now its August 9th and I just get off the telephone with Philip Mitchell and I ask Philip "Whats going on with the Safety Committee" and he replied "That when I found out that you were not a Home Owner it changed everything because you cannot be on a committee unless your a home owner." I told Philip that he was wrong and that when I talked with Metzger he said I could not be a board member but that I could be on a committee." Philip stated that he received an email from Mr. Varo indicating who was on the committee and who is not on the committee. My name is on the list of people NOT ON THE COMMITTEE. Philip stated he had "Nothing to do with the final selection process."I mentioned to Philip that it's obvious that he and the Board of Directors don't feel that Security is a very big part of the Safety Committee because there is NO ONE ON THE COMMITTEE that has the Security background that I do. I worked at the Oso Left gate for a little over 8 months and I know whats going on in Security and whats not going on in Security. I have 8 years experience as a Security guard in gated communities. None is as poorly run as the one here at Coto.For everyone's information, I still know whats going on in Coto Security, and you know what? It's still a comedy of errors.



We do not make jokes, we simply watch the Coto de Caza Board of directors, the LA Trash and the Orange Crud Repository and report the facts

No comments: