Friday, November 05, 2010

Carly: She is A Lady & the Elephant in the Room

Posted By CotoBlozz


Rancho Santa Margarita, CA - below is a faithful reproduction of a Thank You letter from Carly  sent today to her supporters.  We just wish that half of the politicians were as gracious and showed class, even in defeat.  


We continue to assert that Carly is the perfect candidate for a morally and fiscally decayed state.  Her failure is much more a failure of the GOP leadership than anything else.  Tea Party activists and GOP leaders continue to treat California and New York as representative of the American state - they are not.  California and New York are more alike to cities in the European Union such as France, than anything else.






As long as the GOP leadership continues to play prevent defense even when trailing in the races, and ignoring the Elephant in the room, California and New York will continue to be Blue.  That is, the GOP and or Tea Party leadership must recognize California and New York's Triple Threat: 1) Unions 2) Lobbyists and 3) Parasitic Bureaucracies.  However, the Elephant in the room is the GOP's failure to articulate whether the American Dream and the Hyphen-American Dream are mutually exclusive.  We assert quite the opposite.  And in such case, the Tea Parties and GOP leadership must go to extreme lengths to show the most effective way for the Hyphen American to achieve the American dream so much so that the Hyphen will disappear.




Letter to Carly's Supporters -  For redference, compare this letter to the ones sent by the politicians Calry defeated during the primary



Dear Friend,

As I have traveled up and down this great state over the last year, I've been touched by the tremendous outpouring of support I've received from so many of you who share my love of California and my concern for our state and nation's future. 

From the bottom of my heart I want to thank you for all you have done to help my campaign. I have been deeply moved by your boundless energy and your unwavering dedication. I want to especially thank the tens of thousands of volunteers who generously gave their time in support of my campaign. And I want to thank the tens of thousands of donors who generously contributed to my campaign. We could not have accomplished anything without this support. 

This campaign has been the great privilege of my life. I have seen California in a way that so few people have an opportunity to see. It is a beautiful state and rightly called the Golden State because of the heart and soul of the people who live here. 

One of the reasons I ran for the United States Senate was because I thought the American Dream was becoming too hard for too many people, and I hold this concern today. Our country was founded on a truly radical idea -- the idea that everyone has potential, and everyone has the right to fulfill their potential. We have all been given the the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. And in this country, we believe that our rights come from God, not man, and cannot be taken away by government. 

To be able to live the American Dream we need opportunity, jobs, and a government that is on our side and who will listen to us. We cannot have a government that continues to spend the treasure of future generations. We need elected officials who remember they work for us. 

So I hope that all of the newly elected officials - Republicans, Independents and Democrats - will come together in Washington, D.C. and redouble their efforts to make sure that Californians and Americans have the opportunity to live the American Dream. 

I hope you will dedicate yourselves to helping people build new opportunities, and I hope you will join me in pledging never to cease working to take Washington back, make it listen and make it work. 

Again, I want to thank you for all of your help, support and prayers throughout this campaign and in the future. Frank and I are truly grateful for all you have done for us. 



Sincerely, 


Carly Fiorina 

No comments: