Coto de Caza, California - The CZ Master Association, Coto de Caza's largest homeowners association board of directors has been in power for more than a decade, mostly due to an archaic, arcane cumulative voting system designed to keep a small minority in power. The process starts by selecting delegates from each district, which then elects the board of directors. Using cumulative voting, the board can then use "bundles" of votes to select the "right" board. To add to the obfuscation, elections for delegates is low key, and the application for candidacy itself is limited to 250 words, but the one for the board of directors is less restrictive: When the time comes to elect the board of directors, it is too late for outsiders, since a small minority has already locked in the required delegates.
Below is 250-word or less delegate candidacy statement, followed by additional explanation.
1. Public safety-Property values
Some 20 years ago CNN/Money rated Coto as a crimeless area and the best place. – With current board in power, the community has seen its only 3 traffic fatalities plus crime and vandalism rate in Coto far exceeds other comparable communities.
|Accident @San Miguel 11/19/2015|
CHP Patrol hours for 1Q2015 are 295 compared to lawsuit mitigation strategy of 520.
A 4th traffic fatality is 1 traffic citation away!
- http://www.huntingtoncontinentalvoice.com/, http://cotobuzz.blogspot.com/2015/10/coto-de-cazas-hoa
3. Elections – Property Values
- LA Times olumnist D. Vanitizian: http://cotobuzz.blogspot.com/2014/08/cumulative-voting-is-designed-to.html.
- http://cotobuzz.blogspot.com/2007_03_01_archive.html, http://cotobuzz.blogspot.com/2007/03/how-long-does-it-take-to-correct.html
4. Subsidies-Monthly dues
5. Service Providers – Review key performance indicators for security and landscaping companies. Currently killing/planting trees with no rhyme or reason: Barren areas where trees were cut,
|Trees cut down several years ago - area left barren: Multiple areas in Vista Del Verde|
while not too far, a couple of blocks away, additional trees are planted in an already overcrowded area, roughly at the same time as when the other trees were cut down.
|CZ Master HOA Mantra: To landscape with lots, more will be planted, from those with less, more will be taken|
|CZ Masters mantra: Landscaping with less, more will be taken|
Additional Comments Beyond 250 words: