- Elder Abuse
- Prison Reform- Mental Health
- Public Education
- Public Safety
- Judicial Misconduct Tracker
- Justice Served with Andy Ostrowski
- HOA Legal Resources
- The HOA Legal Mind
- HOA Corruption
- Cynthia Stephens
- HOA Videos
- George K. Staropoli's Citizens for Constitutional ...
- HOA Coalition of Texas
- W. Lucas Neighbors at War
- Colorado HOA Forum
- CAL HOA Law
- HOA Advocate D. Vanitzian
- On the Commons Radio Show
- AZ HOA
- J. Miner's Victories VS HOA
- NC HOA Laws
- Other HOA Sites
Friday, March 25, 2016
Application for Candidacy for Coto de Caza's HOA Board of Directors
Posted By CotoBlogzz
Coto de Caza, California
APPPLICATION FOR CANDIDACY FOR THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS - CZ MASTER ASSOCIATION
REASONS WHY YOU WANT TO BE ON THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The current board has been in control of the CZ Master association for more than 10 years enabled by an archaic, arcane cumulative voting system (instead of direct elections) designed to keep a small minority in power. It is time for a fundamental transformation. If I gain a seat on the board, I pledge to serve only one term and focus on the following issues:
1. Public Safety
2. Turn the current HOA from the most litigious one in California, into a homeowner-friendly HOA – Requires service provider terminations – see below
3. Do away with the current Delegate/Cumulative Voting System that lends itself to corruption, for a more transparent, generally accepted democratic process referred to as direct elections
4. Board members should not serve more than two terms
1. Public safety-Property values - Some 20 years ago CNN/Money rated Coto as a crimeless area and the best place to retire. – With the current board in power, the community has seen the only 3 traffic fatalities in the history of the community. Additionally, crime and vandalism rate in Coto far exceeds other comparable communities. The fourth traffic fatality was barely avoided this past St. Patrick’s Day when a truck and a SUV had a head on collision at the intersection of Coto de Caza Drive and Sawgrass;
For more details, refer to:
· Fourth Traffic Fatality in Coto de Caza's History Barely averted
California Highway Patrol hours for 1Q2015 were 295 compared to lawsuit mitigation strategy of 520. A 4th traffic fatality is 1 traffic citation away! It has been clearly established that accident rate in Coto is a function of patrol hours.
2. Litigious HOA - Keystone Pacific, James/Harkins and the board, have turned the association into the most litigious HOA in California. Keystone & Harkins should be terminated immediately.
3. Elections – Property Values The current board has been in control of the HOA for more than 10 years enabled by an archaic, arcane cumulative voting system designed to keep a small minority in power. To make it even worse, in a power grab move, rules were recently changed to have delegates serve 2 years.
Need to do away with the current Delegate/Cumulative Voting System that lends itself to corruption, for a more transparent, generally accepted democratic process referred to as direct elections.
See LA Times columnist D. Vanitizian: http://cotobuzz.blogspot.com/2014/08/cumulative-voting-is-designed-to.html.
Multiple executive positions, including concurrent positions as President of Diva Solutions and CIO for MAGInnovision: Developed award-winning global customer care operation starting up facilities in Europe, Japan, China, Australia, South and North America. Corporate client acquisition including Sony, Mitsubishi, LG,
Turned around an R&D operation responsible for design and manufacture of special purpose supercomputers for the aerospace industry, including NASA and the Japanese Defense Agency
As General Manager responsible for North America and Global Quality, sold to corporate clients such as Apple, Compaq, HP and Micron.
Participated in three IPOs- one in the US, two in Taiwan, including Convergent Technologies at a time when Fortune Magazine called it the Fastest Growing Company in the world
Transferred graphics supercomputer manufacturing technology to Japan, Kubota Computer
NOTE OTHER INTERESTS
Advocacy: Public safety and law enforcement advocate, HOA and government transparency advocate, advocate fighting against elder and women abuse, animal abuse, government waste and corruption and giving voice to the voiceless.