Saturday, February 24, 2007

Coto de Caza CC&Rs and Potential Federal Law Violations


Coto de Caza CC&Rs and Potential Federal Law Violations

February 24, 2007

We sent the note below to Keystone – We have yet to hear from them, and if the trend continues, Keystone will not respond. So we decided to contact the service supplier directly. Their response is also shown below:

Based on this experience, we are planning to publish a periodic “violator’s list”. If you have any input, you know where to send it

Response From Service Provider: (Sent 2/24/2007, responded 2/24/2007)

I sincerely apologize for the mistake on the behalf of H.S. Cleaning Service. My aunt, Soon Kim, was not aware that distributing advertisements in mailboxes were not permitted by law. She has immigrated to America only just recently (3 years) and was truly unaware about the laws and restrictions. I have notified her and she will not repeat such methods/actions again. Again, we sincerely apologize for the mistake and any inconvenience we have caused to the Coto residents.

Note Sent To Keystone – Have not heard from them yet
In checking my email today, I found what I believe is a federal law violation. Someone opened by box, to place advertising literature. See attachment for picture of leaflet and business card left inside the mail box.
I should note that the number of leaflets being left in and outside of my box has been increasing. Besides this being a nuisance, I take strong objection to anyone opening my box. Specially troublesome since over the course of the last two weeks I have received two torn envelopes with some of the contents missing - in one case, the letter was to have arrived two weeks earlier!

Please let me know if this is cause of concern.




..

No comments: