- March 21, 2012 – CNN accused Zimmerman of using a racial slur, which two weeks later it later retracted.
- March 22, 2012 – Zimmerman, of mixed race, was dubbed by the a “white Hispanic.”
- March 27, 2012 – NBC edited a tape to make Zimmerman appear to be a racist.
- March 28, 2012 – ABC News falsely claims Zimmerman wasn’t injured the night of shooting.
- The whole narrative of Zimmerman as a rabid Klansman also disintegrates when you look at what the vast majority of the :
- He is of white and Afro-Peruvian descent.
- He and a black friend partnered in opening an insurance office in a Florida.
- He’d engaged in notably un-racist behavior, such as taking a black girl to his high-school prom.
- He tutored underprivileged black kids.
- He launched a campaign to help a homeless black man who was beaten up by the son of a white cop.
- Elder Abuse
- Prison Reform- Mental Health
- Public Education
- Public Safety
- Judicial Misconduct Tracker
- Justice Served with Andy Ostrowski
- HOA Legal Resources
- The HOA Legal Mind
- HOA Corruption
- Cynthia Stephens
- HOA Videos
- George K. Staropoli's Citizens for Constitutional ...
- HOA Coalition of Texas
- W. Lucas Neighbors at War
- Colorado HOA Forum
- CAL HOA Law
- HOA Advocate D. Vanitzian
- On the Commons Radio Show
- AZ HOA
- J. Miner's Victories VS HOA
- NC HOA Laws
- Other HOA Sites
Thursday, July 25, 2013
Creepy Crass Crawlers: The Media & the Teachers Unions
The Media and Teachers Unions: Creepy Crass Actors
Joining a racially charged situation, largely inflamed by the media, the nation’s teachers unions hypocritically play the civil rights card.
To acknowledge the obvious, the February 26, 2012 events in Sanford, FL were tragic. Trayvon Martin is dead and George Zimmerman will be haunted – and very possibly hunted – for the rest of his life. While there are gray areas of the incident where good people can disagree, there is one overarching truth that cannot be denied: Much of the nation’s mainstream media behaved in a downright despicable way. They have done everything possible to stoke racial tensions with exaggeration, misrepresentation, pandering, deceit and lies. Just a few :
Now here’s where we go from contemptible to . The heads of the two national teachers unions – Dennis Van Roekel (National Education Association) and Randi Weingarten (American Federation of Teachers) – are leading the charge to put Zimmerman behind bars by any means necessary. The two bosses urged their members to sign petitions to the Justice Department, saying that “Zimmerman must face the consequences of his actions.”
All of a sudden the teachers unions are worried about civil rights??!! What a brazen and sleazy attempt to divert attention from their day-to-day “we-really-don’t-give-a-crap-about-the-kids-but-can’t-come-out-and-directly-say-it” modus operandi. To wit:
The sad fact is that DC public schools have the lowest NAEP scores and the highest dropout rate in the country, whereas just about every student in the voucher program from high school, almost all of them going on to college. The fact that thousands of children, a great majority of whom are African-American, would be forced to remain in their failing schools, thus closing the door on their future, didn’t seem to faze Mr. Van Roekel one bit.
In 2011, AFT’s state affiliate in Connecticut neutered a Parent Trigger law and bragged about how it managed to snooker the mostly-minority parents. The union went so far as to post the step-by-step process on its website. Fortunately, writer managed to save the document before AFT pulled the webpagehaving realized that their gloating might not be in sync with its pro-minority persona. Parent leader , an African-American mother of two, saw through the union’s malfeasance, however. “When will parents matter?” she asks.
In 2011, the ACLU filed a that would have exempted 45 of the worst schools in Los Angeles – predominantly black and Hispanic – from teacher union-mandated seniority rules, enabling those schools to keep good teachers instead of being subjected to constant turnover. In an Orwellian statement, United Teachers of Los Angeles elementary vice-president Julie Washington fumed,
The suit was successful, but subsequently the ruling was overturned on a technicality. Having no concern about the rights of the minority children disparately affected by the archaic last-in, first out statute, UTLA was.
If successful, the ( ) lawsuit in California will remove the tenure, seniority and arcane dismissal statutes from the state education code, thus making it easier to get rid of incompetent and criminal teachers. While this will help all students in the state, inner-city kids would benefit the most.
Though not named in the suit, the just couldn’t sit idly by and accept a change in the rules that would benefit kids at their expense.
There are countless other examples which exemplify the fact that the teachers unions’ raison d’être is preserving their influence, and doing so by any means necessary. That minority children are the ones who suffer the most from the unions’ ongoing power-lust is of no concern to them. That these raving hypocrites are now grandstanding and calling for the scalp of George Zimmerman boggles the mind.
Of course, it is highly unlikely that you will be reading about this latest outrage in the mainstream media. Like the teachers unions, these bad actors are doing their best to push their agenda and con the public.