Months earlier, Friedrich presented his "Wheel of Horrors” during the rally on February 7, 2011 which goes something like this:
CICC: Common Interest Community Commission
NRED: Nevada Real Estate Division and
NRS116 - The Law
- Long delays in responding to owners' complaints.
- Non-mandatory meeting with ombudsman.
- Allows boards to charge special assessments without a vote.
- Allows kangaroo courts known as HOA hearings.
- Mandatory expensive arbitration.
- Biased arbitrators allowed to make awards against owners.
- Board members not required to take training.
- Incompetent inspectors issuing violations.
- Ombudsman's office does not protect homeowners.
- Requests for advisory opinions go unanswered.
- Violates due process to owners.
- Allows unlimited fines by boards
- Allows sub & master associations to issue fines for the same "violations".
- Allows attorneys to take retaliatory actions against owners.
- Collection companies charging excessive fees.
- Management companies responsible for illegal towing of vehicles.
- A homeowner facing an HOA bully board will soon find the horrors spinning out of control as he tries to navigate the oppressive bureaucracy that is the HOA industry.
- A small problem quickly becomes a huge problem for the homeowner, as he finds horrors in every direction he turns.